VBIO is Germany’s largest association for life sciences. It combines about 35 000 members which represent individual members, life science organisations, companies and other institutions. VBIO aims to be a strong, unifying voice for scientists, teachers, schools, universities, industries, administrations, research institutions and free-lancers.
Our members represent the entire spectrum of life sciences, from the molecular and cellular to the organismic and ecological level, also including the biomedical field.
Our mission is:
• to improve the perspectives of life sciences (including research on biodiversity) and those of the biologists in our society.
• to strengthen and watch over the status of biology within the high school curricula.
• to encourage the next generation of biologists in high schools and universities by providing information (e.g. on biodiversity)
• to foster the interest in studies of biology and related disciplines by communicating the importance and beauty of life and life sciences.
• to enhance the acceptance and recognition of life sciences and scientists in our society